About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Wednesday 16 May 2018

Wednesday Workbench 16 May



I've been making slow but steady progress on highlighting the Aussies.


I've got the flesh, uniforms and hats/berets done so far. That leaves the hair, webbing (plus gaiters and hat bands), boots, wood and metal still to do.


The highlights might look a bit bright right now, but they will be toned down when I give the figures a final coat of Strong Tone wash.

I'll be glazing the flesh with a mix of flesh, red and sepia washes.

In case you're wondering about the letters on the bases, they were to indicate which greens I used for base coats for when it came time to do the highlights.

8 comments:

  1. Looking at the painting so far, these are going to look FANTASTIC! Go, Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't mess with them Aussies
    Psst: Don't tell anyone else but I am starting to like painting 28mm
    Ssshh!

    Fab work Tamsin
    Well Done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nicely done so far. If the whole lot ends up looking like this, you are going to have a corker of an army for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice progress! They do seem lovely looking models

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look excellent. Looking forward to seeing them after the wash to compare the look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking great! I like to do exaggerated highlights and bring them into line with a wash as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Herkybird -cheers! :)

    @ Geordie - thanks! :)
    ps - my lips are sealed! ;)

    @ Dai - cheers! :)

    @ Simon Q - thanks! :)

    @ Lee - cheers! :)

    @ Michael A - thanks! :)

    @ Swelter - cheers! The highlights going so extreme wasn't intentional - I'll be more careful with the rest :)

    ReplyDelete