Thursday, 24 May 2018
Thursday Workbench 24 May
Quite predictably, I've got a reasonable amount going on at the moment.
On Monday evening I somehow managed to get all of the base colours painted on the next batch of Aussies and the initial shading washes:
I went with a different colour (Beige Red) for the base flesh tone, just to see how it comes out. It should give them a slightly ruddier look hopefully.
Looking at the figures at this stage, it does make me wonder whether I could have got away with painting slightly lighter base colours and then using the Strong Tone. That would have saved me a lot of time and effort. But you lot wouldn't have let me get away with that of course.
Last night I started work on the two Sarissa village huts. I'd primed them white and was going to paint and then shade them but thought I'd see how they'd look just using washes.
I think they've actually come out rather nicely. I'll probably use some more washes (greens and dark browns) to introduce some different shades in areas.
As you can see, I have glued down the base frames to some EPVC bases and painted the basing texture that has been applied so far. Once I've finished shading the wood, I'll glue the steps into place and add basing texture to the rest of the larger base. The huts can then be glued onto the frames once the painting and drybrushing is done. Later on I'll add some foliage bits, probably at the same time as I do that for the figures.