About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 20 May 2018

(Not Quite) Finished - 28mm WW2 Australian Independent Company



As with the Papuans, these are finished apart from foliage on the basing. So they count as finished.I'll be adding all the foliage when they are all done.

Anyway, on with the pics:















That just leaves me with 53 figures to paint. I'll be doing those in five batches of nine and one of eight. That should take me through to the end of June. I've decided against adding basing texture before painting them.

11 comments:

  1. Great looking figures. Lively poses too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking figures. Lively poses too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very detailed paint job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope some of your friends have Japanese troops with whom to engage....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness, those look great! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! A lot of character in those!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Lee - cheers! :)

    @ Martin - thanks! :)

    @ Ray - cheers! :)

    @ Dean - thanks! I can't take credit for the poses though ;)

    @ John - cheers! I think I might have set the bar a bit high for myself with this lot - there are another 53 to paint :o

    @ Jerry - there are a couple of chaps at my club with Japanese [they've been fighting a Malaya campaign over the last few months] so I won't be short of opponents. I'll almost certainly collect and paint an OpFor of my own though :)

    @ Dai - thanks! :)

    @ Simon Q - cheers!

    @ Herkybird - thanks! The sculptor definitely gave them plenty of character :)

    ReplyDelete