After finshing the test figure yesterday I decided it was time to get the rest of the Aussies onto bases ready for priming. So I spent a while doing that while watching TV.
Right - let's see what there is:
|Some Eureka chooks|
|Independent Company section|
|Vickers and 3" mortar teams|
|The barrel tips of these two's guns snapped off - test figures now|
|Radio, sniper, Boyes, PIAT and 2" mortar teams|
|Officers and senior NCOs|
|Brens and flamethrower|
|SMG troops - 7 x Owen, 2 x Thompson|
Yesterday I took advantage of the bright, dry start to the day (I'd got to work early, so had a little bit of time) to spray prime the plastic chassis parts for those 41 cars. Sadly the weather today was crap and I wasn't able to spray prime the insert parts.
This evening I airbrushed the first metallic coat onto the chassis parts.
My airbrush has taken a bit of a hammering lately and the black metal paint wasn't spraying as easily as it should, so once they were all done I stripped it down and gave it a thorough cleaning.
Tomorrow evening I'll be drybrushing the chassis parts with a lighter steel colour and then "rusting them". As the weather looks to be much better tomorrow, I might be able to prime the plastic inserts. If I do, then they'll get sprayed black with the airbrush then the metal parts can get painted and rusted. If all goes well, I should eb able to get them all reassembled.