About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break. My current interests are Ancients, ACW, 30YW and SciFi gaming.

Friday, 18 May 2018

Friday Workbench 18 May



I've actually been at home sick for the last three days. I thought I was getting better yesterday, but got worse overnight and was grotty again today. That throws a bit of a spanner in the works for my plans to go to Partizan on Sunday as I know I'll need to rest up and getting up early to get the train to Newark isn't going to help with that.

Despite illness, I have managed to finish highlighting the Aussies and given them a wash to tone them down a little. For some reason I decided to use an equal mix of Strong tone and Vallejo green wash which I used on the green and khaki parts, then used straight Strong Tone on the rest of the figure (not the flesh). I think I prefer the straight strong tone as with the test figure. I've given them a Klear coat, added basing texture (Vallejo dark earth) and then painted that when it was dry.


Tomorrow I'll hit them with a spray of matt varnish before dry-brushing the base. I also repainted the bases of the Papuans and will dry-brush those tomorrow.


I think I'm going to add the basing texture to the rest of the figures before painting them. Once that's done, I'll go over them with primer as there were a few thin/missed patches last time.


As I wasn't up to doing much more on the painting front, and with time to fill, I decided yesterday to put together some of the MDF kits I bought at Campaign. I got them primed today:




The hazard tokens will get airbrushed yellow tomorrow. Then I can add the black markings and varnish them.

I also assembled the two Sarissa far East village huts:


I had an accident (well, two) with the lifted one:



but as you can see I have sorted out one of them and found a workaround for the other. I think I will reinforce the inside corners on the raised one to help protect it during transport.

I'm considering putting these huts on scenic bases to protect the steps. I'll cut a base tomorrow and see what I think. I'll also prime the various sections. For the roof, I think I need to do something - the flat shingles (and gap at apex) just look wrong. I'll probably cut some strips of card and glue those over the top. I might do that before priming the roofs.

I also got the battle-bus primed:


I might start work on painting that tomorrow while I have the airbrush station set up. Or at least get some black and white (and maybe dark grey) pre-shading done. If I have time, I might also get some base colours done. I can then work on the detailing in the evenings next week.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon the Aussies and natives all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...