About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Thursday 3 May 2018

Thursday Workbench 04 May

I've been off work ill today (my GP has put me on a course of antibiotics) so I have managed to get a bit done.

I've drybrushed and rusted the chassis parts...



...and put the bodies on for now. I had left the insert parts and primer at work yesterday so they haven't been done.

I also got the Aussies primed:




I'm thinking of starting work on a test figure for the Papuans later on, mainly so that I can get the skin tones right.


6 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a mess of cars you have there Tamsin! I like the weathering on their bodies.

    I hope you're feeling better soon, m'dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get well soon (but not too soon, so you can get those Aussies done!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tamsin,

    Just a quick note about the Aussies. There is quite a bit of information about uniform colors for the first half of 1942 in the battles against the Japanese. It seems like many of the troops were still wearing the desert khaki which was not of much help in the jungle as well as wearing their desert helmets. While some soldiers did attempt to dye their uniforms a green color, inspired by the Dutch troops defending their colonial possessions, many would have gone into battle wearing the first issued khaki. You see more of a commitment to jungle green, soft hats, and SMGs as the Aussies began a training program geared up for jungle fighting.
    Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good work
    Do I spy you using small circle and hex bases from all places The Works Arts and Crafts Section?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you are not too ill to paint figures!I hope the Anti-biotics work well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Curt - thanks! It's definitely a mess and will be come even more of a mess once I start basing them up as terrain :)

    @ Lee - cheers! :)

    @ Jerry - thanks for your comment. It would never have occurred to me to do some basic research into uniforms, equipment etc before getting stuck into a project.
    The khaki drill uniforms were standard tropical issue and would have been what the 39th battalion were wearing when they were ordered up to Kokoda at the start of the campaign. The 21st and 25th brigades of AIF 7th Division probably did dye their uniforms green on arrival, but it would have been a hasty job and the colours did run.

    @ Geordie - thanks! The bases are MDF from Warbases as it happens :)

    @ Herkybird - cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete