About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 6 May 2018

Sunday Workbench 06 May



My word! There's nothing on my painting bench right now. There will be tomorrow though, but I haven't decided what yet.

I did finish off the rusted cars yesterday. Now I just need to sort out some basing strips to put them on, then I can get the terraining done.




I've also done a bit more work on the battle bus. I wasn't happy with the H-beam strips I'd glued over the mesh so I picked them off and re-glued them horizontally underneath the mesh. I then cut some strips of 1x2mm plasticard and glued them in place.



I'm much happier with how it looks now. Just a few more things to add and it will be ready for priming and painting. I'll be buying some 2mm brass and 2.4mm aluminium rod tomorrow for the axles.

7 comments:

  1. Happiness is an empty paint space! It means you have finished something and can start on something new!
    I hope you do the Aussies, I would live to see the platoon finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You battle bus build is looking amazing Tamsin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My word - empty! Is that because you're painting quicker than you can prep?
    Is that a tory or labour battle bus?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Herkybird - indeed. And your hopes look as though they will be fulfilled :)

    @ Lee - cheers! :)

    @ michael A - thanks! :)

    @ Simon Q - cheers! :)

    @ Dannoc - No, it just means that I had finished one stage of a project [that needs to wait a short while before I do the next stage] and hadn't decided what to start next. I've got plenty of figures prepped and waiting in the wings :)
    It's actually the Militant Green Party battle-bus [they capture all the methane produced by their vegan diet, then use it for fuel] ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stuff! I love the battle-bus.

    ReplyDelete