About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Monday 1 February 2016

Challenge Day 43 - Sunday WIP

I haven't done a great deal on the painting front today. Last night I applied the horse colour basecoats for the Korean irregular cavalry and commanders.

This afternoon I painted manes, tails and points where these wouldn't be the base colour (ie, for bays, duns, blacks and some chestnuts). Once that was done, I applied my usual washes. And that's where I left them. I'll do the face and leg markings on the horses tomorrow night and maybe the tack if I have time. The riders (other than the commanders and their guards) should be a fairly quick paint.




I also re-primed the drunken pirate with black. I'll be working on him over the next four weeks whenever I have an appropriate gap in my schedule.

This evening, while taking things reasonably easy, I have been on a bit of a spending spree - some paints from SnM Stuff; some posable metal skeletons from Ebob Miniatures; some DeeZee beasties from Arcane Scenics; and some more Aztecs plus loose shields, weapons and banners from The Assault Group.

If I get time this week, I might also paint up a few more Aztecs - some of the warrior priests this time which should be fun.

2 comments: