About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 28 February 2016

Challenge Day 70 - A Saturday Update

I haven't posted since Wednesday because there was nothing I could show you. The Rebs were too near to being finished and I hadn't started work on anything else. On Thursday I drybrushed the bases and added static grass. On Friday night I added flags, took photos and sent in the submission. Curt posted them this evening and you can see the post here. Here's a taster pic:



Today I got some shinies in the post - some posable metal skeletons from Ebob Miniatures:



This afternoon and evening I spent painting up my entry for the Nautical bonus theme round. It's also (part of) my revenge for this disgraceful entry from Ray in the last bonus round. Curt should be posting them sometime late tomorrow, so keep an eye out for it.

Tomorrow I'll be getting some more figures ready for painting and might make a start on some more Aztecs. During the week I'll finish those off and might start work on my entry for the final bonus theme round - it may or may not be the second part of my revenge!

8 comments:

  1. Mass effect on the first picture is outstanding, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those ACW bases are excellent. You want to give some C19th European armies a go and then try out the Bruce Weigle rules series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just seen the army 'en masse' - sensational stuff Tamsin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why do I feel like the insult entries are starting to escalate a little? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ray is a bad man - I suggest a suitable punishment is that he pays for dinner when I'm next in London! Tamsin, Lee how do you stand on this just and fair proposal?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun hobby for sure.

    Happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Tamsin,
    My,my,my...what a terrific looking job! From everything I've read the effect you've achieved is almost exactly the look that soldiers advancing in the open would have had. Obviously if the troops are in the Devil's Den or defending the sunken road at Antieteam, the look would have been different. But for mass effect you are trying to achieve - this is perfect. Well done, well done!!
    Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Phil - thanks! The look of the figures en masse is the great benefit of 6mm :)

    @ Gary - one period in 6mm is enough for me! :)

    @ Michael A - thanks! It is gratifying to see them all together :)

    @ The Responsible One - because they are? ;)
    It's actually friendly banter and mickey-taking :)

    @ Miles - now, that does seem like a good idea in theory, but we'd probably end up with doner kebabs from Dysentry Joe's van :)

    @ Whisk - thanks! It is a fun hobby :)

    @ Jerry - cheers! Did you spot the yellow bands on the kepis of the standard bearers on the command stands? :)

    ReplyDelete