About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Saturday 6 June 2015

Saturday Workbench

I've had a reasonably lazy day today, but still got some bits done on the various counters I'll need for 3X Car Wars.


Some more paint-spray markers and the first batch of oil slick markers.

I've also placed a couple of orders:
* more 3" x 1.5" bases from Warbases
* some foam trays and Litko flame markers from Figures in Comfort
* somethings from Amazon, one of which was inspired by a comment from Dannoc

Some goodies I'd bought on Ebay arrived this morning:


These are Micro Machines and should scale well with the 3X cars.

Oh, and I might just have bought some more cars this morning...


The four black cars will be for another set of "Amateur Night" vehicles; the three silver ones will also be for an "Amateur Night" set (I've got a white version already - these were a very lucky find while rummaging in the Hot Wheels bin). The odd three will be for "Team Pink".

I forgot to mention yesterday that I'd received a delivery from SnM Stuff of Model Air and Game Air paints (including pink!) and a crown cap for my Iwata Neo airbrush.

A lot of my day has been spent printing out various Car Wars PDFs.

6 comments:

  1. Somewhere in the loft is my Car Wars game in a zip-loc bag from the 80s...must dig it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm absolutely shocked to hear that you would do more shopping. It's just not like you..... :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Bikes! Your autodueal mania is entering the terminal stage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Inspired by your RGB+Y Mercs (when they were in bare metal stage), I picked up four "FAST 4WD" for our own amateur night or demo game shenanigans. Great minds think alike?

    Now I've just gotta figure out a Division5 load out for 'em...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amateur night for your Car W£ars is going to be one big event! Are you working on an arena as well?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Alastair - you must, you must! :)

    @ Anne - at least this time the adoptions were intentional rather than spontaneous :)

    @ Robert - no, it won't be terminal until I add speedboats ;)

    @ Nathan - I look forward to seeing your Fast 4WDs modded and painted :)

    @ Chris - I'll certainly be working on some arena terrain (bunkers, walls etc) at some point soon. I quite fancy the idea of a split level arena, but in practical terms it would have to be something like the Rubberway as I don't have that much space left for storage at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete