About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Tuesday 23 June 2015

More Smoke Markers and Finds from Home




This evening, I finally got round to gluing the "smoke" I stained a few weeks ago onto bases. That gives me another ten markers for Car Wars. Considering how little of the stuffing I've used so far, if I were to stain all the stuffing in that one cushion, I could probably make enough markers to completely cover a 6 x 4 table, maybe larger.

Don't worry - I'm not (quite) mad enough to actually do that!


At the weekend, I headed down to Sussex to see my dad on Fathers' Day. It was also a good excuse to see whether any of my old Car Wars stuff from teenage years was still there. I was pretty sure that a few years ago, before I got back into gaming, I'd said to chuck it out as I 'd never have any use for it in the future, but there was always a chance I was wrong.



Sadly I wasn't wrong and it had all been chucked out. Oh well, never mind.


However, while rooting around in the various boxes of my old things I did find these:



Rather dated now of course, but books I'm sure many a wargamer will remember with fondness.

Now that I've speed-read through them both, I suppose it's time to hit the paint table again.

7 comments:

  1. These stuffing counters are the business! And you misinterpretation worry for absolute certainty. Yes you will cover a 4x6 with smoke, paint and flaming oil counters. I have faith in you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Veru useful markers, but I see the temptation for a 6' x 4' firestorm to motor through.
    Some great memorabilia in the books too, well worth a browse through occassionally for nostaligia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice simple markers Tamsin

    ReplyDelete
  4. The markers look spot on Tamsin, but I'm not convinced that you haven't made enough to cover a 6 x 4 table! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Robert - no I won't! Stop trying to tempt me into such madness! *lol*

    @ Zabadak - cheers! The nostalgia of reading those books was good :)
    Hmmm, flame cloud markers...no, no - mustn't do those! I wish you guys wouldn't keep tempting me with crazy ideas! ;)

    @ Carl - thanks! :)

    @ Michael - cheers. I've checked and between the smoke and the paint markers I can cover just over a square foot :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to have the Beginner's Guide to Wargaming, but it got ebayed a while ago in a fit of trying to clear out stuff I don't use!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I remember those books! Donald Featherstone - Gone but not forgotten!

    ReplyDelete