About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Friday 30 January 2015

Challenge Day 56 - The Little Red Card...

...of frustrating excitement and exciting frustration.



Yes, one of those "we tried to deliver but it was too big and nobody was in" cards. I know what it is - some items for the Mob Wars project. I'll have to wait until Saturday to collect it though.

Since getting home from my game of Gruntz I have applied gloss varnish to visors and other bits that need to be glossy on the NSL panzer grenadiers. That leaves me in a good position to get all the basing texture added tomorrow, then to finish the basing on Saturday for a big points boost.

I've also started work on my next entry, which will be a unit or two (maybe three) for my Wars of the Roses army. Lunchtime today was spent detaching bits from the sprues. I'll be doing some more sprue-cutting tomorrow, then at the weekend I'll get the first unit(s) prepped and primed.

Did I mention I've got Monday and Tuesday off work? If I crack the whip I may even get those units finished by Wednesday.

6 comments:

  1. In Australia we call those "I'm too effing lazy to walk up your drive" cards :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love little red cards. Like a wrapped pressie on Christmas Eve - unless you can't get to the sorting office anytime soon then it's like a wrapped Christmas pressie in October!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I need, a few days off to get some serious painting in!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Millsy - *lol*

    @ Mike - yup, it can be annoying having to wait ages until you have free time to collect the package

    @ Ray - you do indeed ;)

    @ Ian - go where? ;)

    @ Michael A - yes indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete