So, before I get on to my plans, some pics of the WIPs:
As you can see, I've done a little bit of painting on the fire hydrant and assembled some transportation for Salutesville's Finest ("They're the finest? This city has no hope!"). I'll have to sort out getting some decals for the city's Police Department, but that might take a while so the panel truck will be plain when I submit it.
Now, that's what I call good progress - all varnished and ready to be popped off the sticks and glued to their bases in a few minutes. As I'll be up late watching Godfather II on the TV, I should be able to get the basing gunk on before the end of the film. Even if I don't, I should still be able to finish them in time to submit them tomorrow.
That's another 74 points for me Ian.
And I don't go back to work until Wednesday. That means I've got 3-4 days to get another two regiments painted up.
That'll be 74 more points for me Ian!
Now, the plans for 2015:
Challenge 2014/2015 - place in the top 10. I was initially thinking I'd place much higher but it appears that there were several entrants who had understated their targets.
My aims going in were to paint:
1) Seven Years War Russian army - I'm nearly there, with just four foot regiments left to paint.
2) 6mm ACW armies (or at least a decent portion thereof) - I look set to start on those very soon.
3) ESU space fleet - I may paint these as a break before starting on the teeny-tiny blobs
4) 28mm Wars of the Roses army - if time allows. I haven't even broken out the sprues to start putting figures together yet.
Challenge 2015/2016 - if Curt is fool enough to run it again, I'll probably enter again.
1) Finish off the 6mm ACW armies (I have some extra bits and bobs that haven't been prepped yet)
2) Complete the 28mm WotR army
3) Paint up all the various spaceships that are sitting in my lead mountain
4) Make some more headway on my Mob Wars project (paint figures and buildings)
5) Get a load of 15mm SciFi painted up
6) Finally finish the pirates
7) Finally finish the Sarmatians
This year I am going to try to reserve Thursday nights for gaming once the Challenge is over, with games on Mondays as well when I can.
Absolutely no new...oooh shiny, must buy
But seriously, I will avoid buying any new armies. Of course, that doesn't stop me from massively expanding existing armies. After all, I need to buy the figures for 36 bases of Righteous Army!