About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Saturday 3 May 2014

Paint Table Saturday #26

Two posts in a day - what on earth has got into the girl?

Well, I didn't want to mix up the unboxing with my Paint Table Saturday post, so I'm doing them separately.



Last week I had suggested that I really, really would re-start the painting of the pirates buccaneers. Errmm, yes, well, you see, it's kind of like this, errmm....

I succumbed to the allure of painting spaceships instead. Or made a good start at any rate. Just the small civilian ships. They were primed you see and I wanted to clear some space. It's a good reason, isn't it?


The Firefly-like ship's colour scheme seemed like a good idea at the time, but I'll probably go back and re-paint it to something less garish.

I'll be trying to get them finished tomorrow as I didn't manage to get anything done in the evenings this week.

Also on my workbench are the Sarissa Precision buildings. I've assembled the first two already. I've realised that I need to get some more long rubber bands and clips to hold pieces together while the glue dries, especially if I get a bunch more.

Here are a few pics of the larger commercial building.





And with some gangsters facing off....





The smaller commercial building:





And one of the two buildings next to each other with some fat git making threats against "The Lurker".


That just leaves the residential building to assemble - I'll leave that until tomorrow.

I can feel orders to Ainsty and 4Ground coming on for furniture and stuff to fill these....

12 comments:

  1. The spaceships look good, even the firefly ship. Those buildings are sweet, now you just need to furnish them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Sarissa buildings are excellent, and I like the big gangster showdown. If you listen closely, you can almost hear Paper Lace's "The Night Chicago Died."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the buildings and who could resist paintings spaceships, especially today - May the 4th be with you Tamsin. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see what you do with those buildings Tamsin! The ships looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like these buildings. They should work perfectly for your pulp adventures. Just put Bugsy Malone on the DVD and you are ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those buildings do look nice, could you add a darker wash to the ships to bring it down a bit rather than re-paint?

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a heck of a good building Tamsin and I bet the mobsters are well chuffed

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks all!

    @ nobody667 - furnishings are definitely required

    @ Monty - or maybe "Bad Guys" from Bugsy Malone

    @ Michael - and May the 4th be with you too

    @ Simon - hopefully gaming is what I'll do with these buildings! *lol*

    @ Clint - nah, I'll just wait for it to come on the telly again

    @ Ian - it's the red/green/yellow one I'm talking about. The rest look fine so far.

    @ PK - they'd better be or you may never see me again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now you need to get some crates of Canadian Club...

    Have you watched Boardwalk Empire? Great for references.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The space transports are coming along very nicely. Is that a Firefly Class I can see? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Dave - furniture and loot will be ordered in due course. I haven't watched Boardwalk Empire as I don't have Sky. I might try to pick up the DVD box set though

    @ Millsy - the red/yellow/green one? It's a Glowworm class from GZG

    ReplyDelete