About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Friday 9 November 2018

Friday Workbench 11 November

Although I haven't been posting, I have been reasonably busy since finishing the buildings.

Over the past couple of days I've been getting all the Stronty Dog figures. On Tuesday I added texture paste to all of the bases, then I started priming them on Wednesday. After doing the black primer, I started doing some zenithal highlighting. the first step was pale grey blue at a low angle. I got that done yesterday, but had to wait until today to finish the job with white (I'd run out and was waiting for my order to arrive) from a near-vertical angle. I also focused highlights on a few spots for each figure:



So that is 47 figures for Stronty Dog which will need painting.

I got a lot of other figures primed as well:

15mm SYW Russian infantry

15mm SYW Cossacks and Russian artillery

Going through my "prepped" drawers I realised that I hadn't primed these ones.

8th Army/Aussies

The Matilda tanks have been assembled but not primed yet.

This morning I decided to start painting the Aussie scout team. As there were just three figures, the painting went really fast and (despite taking time out to finish the Stronty zenithals) I actually finished painting them. I have also got the Klear coat done and added basing texture. Here are a couple of pics taken before the Klear coat:



I'll get them finished tomorrow. Once they are done, I might start on the 8th Army figures (which will become Aussies for the Kokoda Track campaign - the militia 39th Btn and regular 2/14 Btn were both in KD uniforms)..



6 comments:

  1. Man, you certainly get through a lot of figures! I would love to have your dedication and single mindedness to finish projects like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really looking forward to seeing the SD figs. And I do love a bit of armour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Ray - cheers! :)

    @ Herkybird - well, it does help being single, having no kids and not working :)

    @ Francis - it certainly is :)

    @ Herbert - I imagine that the muties (and norms) will be appearing here quite soon. And the tanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You’re burning up the internet with all this hobbying! Keep it up! 😀
    I don’t know what a Stonty Dog is but it sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete