About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 4 November 2018

Sunday Workbench 04 November

I've had a fairly relaxed, yet productive, weekend.

Yesterday I started work on improving them MDF buildings. The first job was spending about an hour adding masking tape to the "wood" parts. After a brief sanity-recovery break, I textured the outer surfaces with filler (spackle for US readers), let it start to dry, then removed the masking tape.

Today was spent priming the buildings and starting the painting. I've got the inner and outer walls finished which just leaves the woodwork. I'll do that tomorrow and post pics of the finished buildings in the evening.


Yesterday also saw me assembling and basing the various metal figures I've acquired of late. Yes, superglue was involved. Yes, there were instances of fingers getting stuck to the models and each other. Yes, there was some swearing. Yes, there was a need to go back and cut/scrape/file away excess superglue from some of the figures.

And here they all are:

Pic taken yesterday, before I started painting the buildings.










I've decided to add texture to the lipped plastic bases for the Stronty Dog figures before I prime them. That might get done tomorrow. The other figures should get primed tomorrow.

1 comment: