Yesterday I started work on improving them MDF buildings. The first job was spending about an hour adding masking tape to the "wood" parts. After a brief sanity-recovery break, I textured the outer surfaces with filler (spackle for US readers), let it start to dry, then removed the masking tape.
Today was spent priming the buildings and starting the painting. I've got the inner and outer walls finished which just leaves the woodwork. I'll do that tomorrow and post pics of the finished buildings in the evening.
Yesterday also saw me assembling and basing the various metal figures I've acquired of late. Yes, superglue was involved. Yes, there were instances of fingers getting stuck to the models and each other. Yes, there was some swearing. Yes, there was a need to go back and cut/scrape/file away excess superglue from some of the figures.
And here they all are:
|Pic taken yesterday, before I started painting the buildings.|
I've decided to add texture to the lipped plastic bases for the Stronty Dog figures before I prime them. That might get done tomorrow. The other figures should get primed tomorrow.