About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Saturday 17 November 2018

Finished: 15mm T34s



Well, apart from decals. I'll probably do those at some point during the week. The new Revolution CR arrived yesterday (the Br will be another week or so), which meant that I was able to get the Klear and matte varnishing done today.

As T34/76:




As T34/85:



These have come out a bit darker than the one I painted a few weeks ago. That's down to a change of paints - I used Russian Green instead of Armour Green for these. I've also left them "cleaner" (less rust and scratching).


Now that I have a good airbrush again, I'll probably work on the Matilda tanks tomorrow, getting at least the green laid down.

I've been doing some prep work over the last couple of days and all the shinies you saw in Thursday's post are done. I've also assembled the M3 Stuart:




The heft of the resin kit is much more satisfying than the plastic of the Warlord version.

Oh, and the plastic 8th Army figures are no longer running/standing/kneeling/laying around like headless chickens:


And that's not all I've been up to. I've got a few other little things on the go, but you'll have to wait to see those!

10 comments:

  1. Nicely done, I do like the way that PSC give the 76mm and the 85mm turrets in the same package.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good again! - What decals are you using for the T-34's? I think the only Russian tanks with slogans etc were Guards units?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Soviet tank horde to bring the fight to the Bosh. The T34 is one of my favorite tanks. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  4. Echo that the T34-76 is my favorite tank and you get to use it right into 1945. Your T-34s are nicely done

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love T-34s and these are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Norm - thanks! It is handy having both options with each kit :)

    @ Herkybird - cheers! Decals? Probably a red star and a number :)

    @ Stew - thanks! There are enough T34s now for a good sized game of "What A Tanker!" or big Chain of Command :)

    @ Scotsgrey - cheers! :)

    @ Fran - thanks old bean! :)

    @ Herbert - cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tamsin, the red star symbol was not used very often during the war, they became more common during the cold war. The most common by far symbols are 3 digit numbers or hand painted slogans, with divisional signs in diamonds less commonly.
      Almost all pictures of T-34's in action show no markings.

      Delete
  8. Very impressive work Tamsin! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete