About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Saturday 10 November 2018

Finished: 28mm WW2 Aussie Scout team




Another, albeit tiny, unit finished for my Aussies.






This team is from Warlord Games and were fun to paint, with all the foliage.




While the various stages of finishing the bases were drying, I started work on the 8th Army figures for Kokoda Track. I have managed to get all of the base colours and initial washes done:



I'm not going to push myself to get the highlights done quickly, so these will probably be finished on Monday or Tuesday. As these include support weapons, I've decided to paint them to represent the regular 2/14th Battalion rather than the militia 39th Battalion. The difference? Helmet colour for a start, but the KD uniform will also be a bit darker as they wouldn't have been as sun-bleached. It will also let me use them for North Africa.

9 comments:

  1. Corking stuff, Tamsin. Lovely colours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like having figures useable outside of their primary force, it makes all the time you spent painting a lot more worthwhile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful job on these ones, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The helmets really came out looking cool. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Fran - cheers, big fella! :)

    @ Simon - thanks! :)

    @ Five Alpha - cheers! :)

    @ Herkybird - Being able to field a platoon for North Africa as well as Kokoda Track is definitely handy :)

    @ Phil - thanks! :)

    @ Simon Q - cheers! :)

    @ Stew - thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! The skin tone is wonderfully painted. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete