Sunday, 1 April 2018
Sunday Workbench 01 April
Despite taking things easy today, I got quite a bit done, as you can see.
First up, the Mongols. I finished prepping them all and got them stuck onto painting sticks. But then I had to remove a few and restick them on different sticks. I also had to remove two riders from their horses and swap them over.
You will have spotted a few figures in there which have already been primed. That was part of my rearranging.
I'll probably get them all primed on Wednesday.
And then there are the "retinue warriors" for my Sea Peoples. Well, the first batch anyway. I started on these yesterday and got a good way through; today I have got them almost finished. Just the flesh highlights and touch-ups to do.
Mind you, I might go back and redo the contrast panels on the tunic kilts as I made a bit of a boo-boo.That shouldn't be too bad as I'll be able to combine it with the touching up
I should get the painting finished tomorrow before I head out for a big King of the battlefield game at the club. I'll be able to do the Klear/ink step when I get home in the evening, and then can do the varnishing on Tuesday evening. at which point it will be time to start on the second batch.
At some point I'll be ordering a few more packs of figures (more chariots, some archers, some slingers) to allow me to morph the army to Philistines.