Quite a mixed bag today. Yesterday I was painting the Gaslands gates and did a first dirty wash in the evening. This morning I did some further washes to make the steel look aged and a bit rusty. I gave them a spray coat of sating varnish this afternoon (yay for the nice weather!).
I also airbrushed the King of the Battlefield templates in a nice pink colour (I've decided not to do the alternate pink/gory red alternation) and they have been sprayed with gloss varnish. I will probably give them a thin black (or very dark red, maybe purple) wash to fill the recesses after which they'll get another spray coat of varnish.
I also did some priming yesterday - the Ming Chinese arquebusiers and rocketeers:
Back on the Gaslands front I've stripped the paint off a coach that's been sitting around for a couple of years and had a play with working out what I want to do with it. I've taken the rear wheels off two tractors from Poundland; the axles were too short so I removed them and cut some lengths of 3/32 brass rod to replace them. I'll be armouring and weaponising it during the course of the week before priming it.
I'm also busy stripping the rest of the cheap cars I bought from Argos (2 packs of 25 for £15 total; 9 of them have already been stripped and primed).
On top of all that, I've been prepping the 28mm figures acquired at Salute - just one more batch to do.