About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 22 April 2018

Sunday Workbench 22 April

Quite a mixed bag today. Yesterday I was painting the Gaslands gates and did a first dirty wash in the evening. This morning I did some further washes to make the steel look aged and a bit rusty. I gave them a spray coat of sating varnish this afternoon (yay for the nice weather!).





I also airbrushed the King of the Battlefield templates in a nice pink colour (I've decided not to do the alternate pink/gory red alternation) and they have been sprayed with gloss varnish. I will probably give them a thin black (or very dark red, maybe purple) wash to fill the recesses after which they'll get another spray coat of varnish.



I also did some priming yesterday - the Ming Chinese arquebusiers and rocketeers:



Back on the Gaslands front I've stripped the paint off a coach that's been sitting around for a couple of years and had a play with working out what I want to do with it. I've taken the rear wheels off two tractors from Poundland; the axles were too short so I removed them and cut some lengths of 3/32 brass rod to replace them. I'll be armouring and weaponising it during the course of the week before priming it.


I'm also busy stripping the rest of the cheap cars I bought from Argos (2 packs of 25 for £15 total; 9 of them have already been stripped and primed).

On top of all that, I've been prepping the 28mm figures acquired at Salute - just one more batch to do.

3 comments:

  1. Those gaslands gates remind me of Tron!
    Glad you are back painting more Ming! Its a great looking army!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite a weekend of work! The previous poster has it right - the Ming are going to look very, very nice indeed.
    You go, girl!
    jerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like someone's been busy.

    ReplyDelete