About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Thursday 23 February 2017

AHPC7 - Challenge Day 65 More SYW Russians WIP 4

Note to self - must not get distracted by stuff on the TV and interwebs when I should be painting!

Yes, I allowed myself to get distracted this evening and so made a late start to painting and took a longish break midway. Nevertheless, I did make reasonable progress on the first two regiments of infantry and also did the green basecoats on the generals:




If I don't let myself get distracted tomorrow night I should be able to get the infantry finished apart from flags and varnishing. I can then finish them and probably finish the generals on Friday night. If things go really well at the weekend, I might be able to paint the other two regiments to completion - I'd forgotten I've got Monday and Tuesday booked off for annual leave which means I can do the basing on Sunday night rather than Saturday and still get them submitted in time.

2 comments:

  1. The internet can be a distracting mistress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Tamsin,
    Maybe your flirtation with the TV and Internet was a good thing. A word to the wise: never let what should be a diversion become a fixation. SO you watched a TV program. Did the world end? No. You relaxed for a bit and then went back to something which if I may reduce it to its essentials comes down to a grown woman playing with metal figures. Relax. Take an occasional stroll away from the painting table and don't obsess. In the end you will find you enjoy your life a lot more.
    Jerry

    ReplyDelete