It seems that:
1. I underestimated how long it would take to finish the first batch of Koreans
2. That my original guess that I could paint to completion a batch of 24 figures in an evening was also optimistic - I haven't quite managed to take the second batch to the same stage as where I left off with the first batch last night. However, I did take several breaks to watch YouTube vids and have a bath this evening, so maybe I could have got further.
Anyway, here's pics of where I've got to with them:
I haven't done the hat tassels yet - I'll do that when all the non-commander bases are finished (there are six different colours).