About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Saturday 11 February 2017

AHPC7 - Challenge Day 54 Pulp Seamen WIP 1

Well, I made a decision. I'm going to submit all the Koreans as one entry next Monday. which meant a further decision - to paint something else to submit this Monday or just carry on working on the Koreans. As you can probably tell by the post title, I opted to paint something else.


This afternoon and evening I have been putting down the base colours for a bunch of merchant seamen (and seawomen!). Base/shade colours of the flesh and main clothing are all done:




I'll probably do the highlights on the flesh and the dark blue clothing later tonight. Tomorrow I'll work on them in small batches to get as many finished as possible.

These will be the crew of a merchant ship that smuggles alcohol from Canada across the great lake into Salutesville.

5 comments:

  1. They be a right motley crew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you've got some chicks in there too. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Dannoc - they arrrrrr indeed! :)

    @ Whisk - thanks! Just the two of them though :)

    @ Geordie - cheers! :)

    @ RMacedo - thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete