About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Friday 6 January 2017

AHPC7 - Challenge Day 17

I've had quite a busy evening. First off (well, after a coffee) I had a session with the FlockBox. I added static grass to the bases for the grave vehicles:





And then I made some tufts for the Nubians (and maybe the Sea Peoples if I have any left over).:

2mm static grass

Mix of 2 and 4mm static grass

Close-up of the mixed length tufts

Unfortunately I had a clumsy moment as I was picking up one of the tuft sheets to move it elsewhere to dry:


The squidged tufts should still be usable though.


After a quick break I cracked on with adding grit and sand to the Nubians' bases:



They'll need to dry out overnight, then tomorrow evening I'll seal them with diluted PVA. Tufts and maybe some other foliage will be added on Saturday after I've sprayed them with matt varnish. These will be the last pics until after they've been submitted.

Tomorrow evening I'll also be putting the finishing touches to the grav vehicles - washes and detailing.

9 comments:

  1. The nubians are looking excellent. You sold me on the flock box with one of your earlier posts. It arrived a few days ago, so I am eager to give it a go myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corking work on both the tufts and the Nubians, Tamsin. They both look awesome!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those Nubians! Special mention for the baggage group.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "grave vehicles" eh? We call them "hearses" in Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What price are you doing a sheet of Tufts for ? And what colours?
    These Nubians are looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Nubes, but love the tufts even more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Dartfrog - cheers! Have fun with your FlockBox :)

    @ Francis - thanks! :)

    @ Blax - cheers! You'll be able to see them combined on Monday :)

    @ David C - thanks! I think the baggage group will be quite popular :)

    Ross - cheers! :)

    @ Millsy - well spotted that GIMP! We call them hearses here too! :)

    @ Dannoc - cheers! I'm only making them for myself at the moment I'm afraid :)

    @ Ray - thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete