About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 1 January 2017

AHPC7 - Challenge Day 13 & Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone - wishing you a safe, successful and enjoyable 2017!

Today marks the 5th birthday of this blog. I will be doing a prize draw to celebrate at some point to mark the blogiversary and passing through the 750k hits mark, but I'm holding off until a third milestone is reached - 1000 posts. Don't worry, it should come around fairly quickly if I'm posting daily.



After posting last night, I cracked on and finished the batch of Nubians that I was working on:

26 clubmen



These chaps will form the bulk of the "elite fanatic warriors" for the army, with a few chaps from the next batch and some command figures.

Today has been very productive and I've motored through the third batch and finished them a short while ago:

46 spearmen/javelinmen



Some of these will go to the "elite fanatic warriors", the rest will be either LMI or LI javelinmen.

Here's a pic of everything that's been painted so far:


And one of everything that's left to paint:


92 down, 132 to go...

This lot will be the next batch to be painted:

48 bowmen

I'll be making a start on them later tonight.


In the meantime, I've almost finished prepping the Sea Peoples figures - just 36 left to do, which I hope to get done this evening while watching TV.


Once again, Happy New Year folks!!

10 comments:

  1. Well done and the sea peoples getting prepped too. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like I can post on your blog again??? Great looking figures and hope you have a fantastic 2017!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 2017 Tasmin. Those Nubians are coming along very nicely. I look forward to seeing them based up as an army. Are they Old Glory 15's?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new year.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year and Blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary. And, may I just say, I'm blown away by those shields.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year to you - very impressive figures
    +1 for the Shields

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Dannoc - cheers! :)

    @ Geordie - thanks! :)

    @ Ray - cheers! Must have been a Blogger problem that only affected you ;)

    @ David C - thanks! They are Old Glory 15s :)

    @ Pete - cheers! :)

    @ Rod - thanks! :)

    @ Herbert - cheers! You may! :)

    @ Francis - thanks big fella - have a great one yourself! :)

    @ Miles - cheers m'dear! I'll make sure to include a tally of hand-painted shields when I submit the post, just on the off-chance that you'l award some extra points :)

    ReplyDelete