I did spot that I'd forgotten to drybrush the Aztecs' bases so I did that before brushing on matt varnish. Once I've posted this I'll go over a few details with gloss or satin varnish.
I've also been drying out the rosemary that I started staining last night. I've just taken it out of the oven so it's cooling down at the moment. Once it's cool, I'll decant it back into its jar. Tomorrow I'll make up a mix of the mixed herbs and the rosemary and add it to the Aztec's bases as scatter.
Late last night I decided to mount the rest of my Aztecs on washers, then glued on weapons, shields and back banners. I'll be adding the basing gunk mix to them tomorrow and priming them on Sunday. Some of them will get painted up in batches next week in between the finishing steps for the 6mm Rebs.
Update - pic of the stained rosemary: