I was a little surprised when I posted yesterday to see that it was my 499th post. It's a bit scary to think that I've reached that number of posts in just over two years.
I haven't planned anything, but I guess it does warrant some sort of giveaway to celebrate. I'll have to think about it over the next few days.
I wasn't feeling too great this morning, so I decided to skip the game today. It was a multi-player refight of Hydaspes, so my absence wouldn't be that much of a problem. It was a shame to miss it though.
However, it did mean that I've had time to work on the pirates and the spaceship, as well as doing a little bit on the NAC ships.
Last night I brushed off the loose sand and gravel. This morning I drybrushed the base texture. This afternoon I gave them a spray of matt varnish and I've spent the last hour or so flocking them. As they are now ready for submission to the Challenge, there are no photos of them today. I'll be taking pics to send to Curt this evening.
Lady Christina Recovery & Repair Ship
Today I've finished this one as well. Company logos have been handpainted followed by a spray coat of gloss varnish. The yellow parts then got an ink wash of brown yellow, followed by a drybrush of the panels. I then gave the ship a spray coat of matt varnish, then brushed gloss onto certain parts. No pics of this either as it's ready to be entered in the Challenge.
I assembled these (with some swearing) last night. Today they got a spray coat of grey primer. The super dreadnought is a real beast of a ship. You can have pics of these!
I'd prepped and primed a heavy cruiser a while back and that has been included in these pics as they'll be painted up as a batch.