Thursday, 13 February 2014
Challenge Day 61 - Pirate Batch 2 Nearly Finished
I've managed to finish painting the second batch of pirates today. In a little while I'll be giving them a coat of Klear/ink. Once that has cured, I'll be popping them off the sticks and sorting them by armament ready for mixing up for basing tomorrow. I might just be able to get them based up for a huge entry this weekend, which might see me jump back ahead of Dave and a few others.
In the foreground you can see a bunch of bases which I've given a coat of yellow ochre. I'll have to spend a bit of time tonight and tomorrow doing more batches so that I have enough ready for basing the pirates.
In the background is the ship I started yesterday. It is a "Lady Christina" recovery and repair ship. I did a little bit of work on it last night, painting the parts which won't be yellow.
Some pics of the finished pirates, before they get all glossy from the Klear/ink mix.