Yup, that's right - I won my FoG match this evening. At the point the match was called (we'd reached the allotted time) my opponent, Jerry, had 2 BGs broken and off the table, and another BG fragmented versus just 2 BGs of mine which were fragmented. If the game had continued another turn or 2 I think my Sarmatians would have sent their Mid Republican Roman opponents into Army Rout.
Oh, and I'd only lost 2 bases, both of Protected Lancers.
Another oh! - my army was all cavalry this evening. 4 BGs of Armoured Lancers, 4 of Protected Lancers, 2 of Light Horse (all 4-base BGs).
Full AAR tomorrow, with lots of pics. I'd love to have posted a couple of teaser pics but my camera battery ran out right at the end so I haven't been able to upload them yet.
ps Seb and "Madaxeman" Tim had their tournament match this evening - Qin Chinese vs Han Chinese. I think Seb lost, but not heavily. And his figures look even nicer in real life than as pixels on his blog.
Looking at my workbench yesterday, I realised that if I carried on with painting the javelin troops I would only have 9 figures (the lancers for my command groups) ready to work on next. "Ho, hum" thought I "perhaps I should institute Tamsin's Equine Development Facility without further ado". So, last night I spent a couple of hours prepping 42 unbarded horses. That leaves 39 more unbarded horses and 39 barded horses to be prepped. Once they are all prepped it will be onto the painting sticks, slap on the gesso and then set to work on painting them "en masse".