Wednesday, 4 September 2019
Test Paints - WW2 British Paras
In between doing quite a bit of reading and chasing squirrels down rabbit holes, I have been doing some more test paints for my WW2 British Paras. They are done now, and I have been able to narrow down which colours work best, which don't work and also the ideal painting sequence.
Shade, Base and Highlight:
Shade and Base:
Shade and Highlight:
Base, Wash and Highlight:
Base and Highlight:
The figures above are from Warlord Games.
This evening I started work on some of the 1st Corps figures to test my revised scheme:
I've concluded that it will be best to paint each element in turn. Most elements will be getting a base and highlight, followed by a wash (which will be done when several elements are painted). So far I've completed the flesh and started on the smocks:
With fair winds and following seas, I should have these mostly finished by tomorrow night.