About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Friday 20 September 2019

Friday Workbench 20 September


Over the past few days, since finishing the Warlord Games paras, I have got a fair bit done besides writing posts for my "Arnhem 75th" series.

On Wednesday I got the airbrush out and primed a few bits and bobs - the 15mm SYW figures bought at Colours; the Foundry para command also purchased at Colours; some Too Fat Lardies jump off points and some bases that I'd "gunked" on Tuesday. I also made a start on painting some left over 15mm SYW musketeers as dismounted dragoons. I finished painting them and varnished them yesterday, but won't be basing them yet - I need to buy a few more figures (probably four mounted dragoons) to give me two units.

Yesterday evening I painted the 15mm Korean rocket artillery. After this photo was taken, I gave them a coat of Klear/ink; when that is dry I will get them glued onto bases, add the basing texture, paint that and then varnish and flock them.

And then I hall return to painting paras...

5 comments:

  1. Looks like this should provide a lovely change of pace Tamsin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of work in that group, and a wide variety as well Tamsin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess you added some swords and cut down the muskets for the dismounted dragoons?. I actually got some Essex figures for mine!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You commented while I was replying to the others!

      I snipped off the bayonets, they already had swords so I didn't need to add any :)

      Delete
  4. @ Michael A - it has made a pleasant change from painting Denison camo :)

    @ Dave Stone - it's certainly plenty to keep me going :)

    ReplyDelete