About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 9 December 2018

Sunday Workbench 09 December

Challenge prep has continued apace this weekend. Yesterday I got the riders for my WotR cavalry primed:


On Friday these arrived:


The little black boxes contain Perry metals 8th Army figures; I also purchased a box each of WotR Infantry and Foot Knights from Orcs Nest during the week. I prepped the metal figures on Friday evening, and yesterday stuck them on bases:


I also assembled the plastic 8th Army figures, which will be used as Militia for my WW2 Aussies..


I adapted two of the figures to be have Lewis guns (from colonel Bill's):


The busy-ness has carried on today:


I got the metal and plastic 8th Army figures primed:



And managed to assemble 54 foot knights for my WotR army:


They'll be primed tomorrow.

This week is going to see more prep work being done. I've got 72 longbowmen, 54 billmen and 18 spearmen to assemble and prime, plus foot command figures. I should have some more metal figures arriving in the next few days, which will also need to be prepped. I might even find time to do the weathering on those Gaslands gates.

10 comments:

  1. Inspirational preparation Tamsin, and some cracking conversion work on the two Lewis Gun carriers too. Blimey what a load of miniatures you have ready to go already, and 150(ish) "WotR" to come too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a boat load of stuff. I'm in a similar boat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressed with the range and industry of your work Tamsin ;)
    I could take a leaf from the way you finish projects

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you just get on with building figures and painting, I wish I had your patience and dedication!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unstoppable! You'll be drowing us in The Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lovely menu for the week... or few days! ;-)
    With all these australian soldiers do you plan to paint some kangaroo ... without gun of course! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are cracking on! Well done Tamsin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm dizzy just looking at this. A fantastic variety and I'm feeling the determination from where I'm sitting. All power to you!!! Awesome work, Tamsin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Fran - I am not, repeat, not a machine! :)

    @ Blax - thanks Simon. At the moment, it looks like the WotR will make up nearly half of my target :o

    @ Martin - they're just a mere drop in the ocean of my megalomania :)

    @ Geordie - cheers! Don't take a leaf out of my book, unless you want no other life! ;)

    @ Herkybird - thanks! It's more a case of having lots of time to do it :)

    @ Benito - indeed! Drowning you? Have you been spying on my plans for the "Water feature" bonus round? ;)

    @ L'Empereur - merci! I will confess that I did consider buying and painting some kangaroos as jump off point markers for the Aussies ;)

    @ Curt - cheers! :)

    @ Sidney - thanks! I'm rather dizzy thinking about how much I've got to paint :)

    ReplyDelete