About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Friday 21 December 2018

AHPC9 Day 1

As intended, I didn't start painting at kick-off time of 6am GMT. I waited until 9am. I was only doing a few small bits, but waiting for various steps to dry (also going out shopping in the morning and having a slightly longer than planned afternoon nap) meant that none of the items was finished until just before 9pm. However, they are all done now and the draft post has been submitted.

Some more shinies arrived today:




Love that pink parcel tape!


More pink inside!



It seems that Annie has included some extra bits in my package - I only ordered one of the badges, didn't order the sticker and there is a second pack of "shin whackers". I haven't had a chance to look closely at the figures yet, but they look as though they will need very little clean-up.

The next groups of figures are out on the table, ready to go in the morning. The chances are that I won't have finished them all before I head down to Sussex fro Christmas, but I will have made good headway.

7 comments:

  1. These look very nice indeed! Can't wait to see how you paint them up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gotta love Annie. have a good christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. And so it begins! - good luck with the painting marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes for a very successful paint-a-thon. Will you be doing this latest acquisition for this year's event? What have you decided to do as your major project? After all why put in all that time and effort without having a substantial goal in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see your entrants for this years ahpc.
    You have a happy Christmas and great new year.
    Dan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You commented while I was typing my reply to the others!

      Thanks Dan - have a great festive break :)

      Delete
  6. @ Millsy - I haven't even opened the baggies yet, and I can see that the figures look gorgeous :)

    @ Martin - cheers! And you! :)

    @ Herkybird - thanks! :)

    @ Jerry - cheers! I doubt that I'll be painting them during this Challenge - current projects have to take precedence. I've got three major projects to do in the next three months - 28mm War of the Roses; 28mm 8th Army/early Pacific Aussies; and 15mm WW2 Soviets. There are also some minor projects for fun, like a wolf pack for Dragon Rampant :)

    ReplyDelete