Yay! The replacement airbrush I ordered last weekend. And a box from Timecast...
|Lots of packets of Old Glory 15s|
|Korean regular troops|
|Korean irregular troops|
Not long after I'd unpacked these and taken pics, the postie (not Evil Postie before you ask) turned up with the third package I was expecting - a fairly big restock of bases from Tiny Tin Troops. I'm now trying desperately to remember what I ordered a bunch of 25x50mm bases for.
This afternoon, whilst chatting on Google Hangout with Dave D and Martin C (and Edwin K briefly), I did a bit of prep work for a mini project - some scatter terrain for my Crusties. First job was to cut some scatter bases from 3mm EPVC. I found that the easiest way to cut curves for irregular shapes was to do it on a bevel, which had the bonus advantage of combining the two steps. Once they were all cut, I roughly sanded them ready for the main job.
After tidying up a bit I added blobs of Das putty onto the bases, smoothed it down onto the edges then added various bits of scrap plastic (corrugated plasticard, pipes, angle beams etc) and some small pieces of wire mesh. After that I pressed some grit into the putty. This is how they look at the moment:
I'm leaving them overnight for the Das to harden, then tomorrow I'll add some sand then give them an undercoat of craft paint and PVA. During the week, I'll paint them up.
In case you're wondering, these will be scrap heaps to add some LOS-blocking cover for games of Gruntz.
Of course, all of this means that I haven't done any work on the Mongols today, but I will crack on with them tomorrow.