I had a bit of a lie-in this morning, then after having some juice I did a little bit of hobby work before chores. Last night I'd superglued some Korean crossbowmen onto bases. They'd been prepped about a year ago, but I didn't get round to them (shame on me!). In the past, for my Koreans, I've added basing texture by supergluing ballast onto the bases around the figures. I decided to try something different this time to (hopefully) achieve the same effect - using coarse pumice gel.
It took much longer to apply so I'll wait to see how it compares on the painting front before deciding whether or not to do the same with the rest of the Koreans I've just received. I'll probably paint these up after the Mongol heavy cavalry just to get them out of the way.
After that little job, I added sand to the scatter terrain pieces. A lot of the grit I'd added yesterday came loose - I should probably have stuck that down with PVA to be safe - lesson learnt. A few hours later I spritzed the pieces with 25% PVA to seal the grit and sand in place.
I'll give them a coat of brown craft paint this evening.
As for the Mongols, I've made decent progress this afternoon. All the clothing, boots, quivers, bowcases and sword scabbards are done, as are the shields (apart from the metal parts) for those that have them. That just leaves the bows, horsetail plumes, taches and metal details to do before giving them a Klear/ink coat.
I should (if all goes to plan) finish painting them tomorrow. On Tuesday I'll glue them onto bases, add basing texture and paint that before spraying them with matt varnish and adding some static grass.