As I can't do any priming at the moment, I decided to do a bit of painting to get my hand back in. Looking around at what was ready (and not lined up for the Challenge) I picked out a load of Mongol cavalry which I prepped and primed over a year ago. After a quick check of the Mongol Empire list for ADLG I realised that I've got enough heavy cavalry figures but I'm somewhat lacking on the medium cavalry front - I'll be placing an order for enough figures to make up 5 more bases and some baggage camels for the camp.
With that decided, I chose to crack on with the heavy cavalry and some command groups. I had primed them white and then applied a black basecoat to the metal areas - helmets, lamellar armour, helmets and horse barding. This evening I drybrushed all the metal with Natural Steel. Tomorrow I'll be doing the horseflesh, or what little of it is visible.
I also decided it was time to face up to a task I'd been putting off for a few weeks - gluing the wheels onto the limbers for my 6mm ACW infantry. I managed to restrain myself from actually swearing out loud (I was chatting in Google hangout with Dave D and Martin Cooke) I got them all glued in place, even if some are slightly skewed. I'm hoping that Mr Berry will have redone them so that they are one piece castings like he did with the guns before I order any more.
That's all for today folks!