The whole batch:
The heavy cavalry:
One of the command bases is 40x40, the other two are 40x30 to represent generals included in fighting units (an option available in ADLG).
When I got back from my dad's 80th (a quiet affair - me, him, my sister and her hubby; fish & chips and wine) there was a package waiting for me - the extra Mongols I'd ordered from Donnington. So, pics of shinies:
|Medium cavalry and command|
|Camels and some wire spears/lances/pikes|
|Mongols on foot|
One of the bonuses of expanding my Mongol force to this size is that I can also use them with my Koreans for FoG/FoGR either as nomad mercenaries in the main list or as an allied contingent. Or even as a small army in their own right (500-600 points if I take them all as superior/elite). Hmmm, it looks as though I'd only need a few more to get them up to a decent sized army...
After finishing off the Mongols this morning, I broke out the new airbrush to do some priming. I actually got quite a bit done, as these pics show:
|Everything I primed|
|Reb cavalry, generals and artillery|
|Union cavalry, command and artillery|
|Horses, horseholders, limbers, casualties, gabions and piles of cannon shot|
So, that's all of my 6mm ACW primed and ready for the Challenge, as well as the Korean crossbowmen which I plan to paint up this week. Looking at the pumice gel on the Koreans bases, I don't like the look compared to how I normally do them (medium grey ballast superglued on) so I won't be using it for the rest of the Koreans I've got to paint up. Still, it was worth trying as an experiment. I'm not going to try removing it - those bases will just have to look a little different.
Oh, and my new airbrush (actually the same model as the one I knackered a few weeks back) works like a treat, so I'm pleased.