About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break. My current interests are Ancients, ACW, 30YW and SciFi gaming.

Tuesday, 19 July 2016

Army Review: 15mm Swiss

As I started writing this post, I saw my hit counter had just ticked past the 600,000 views mark - my hearty thanks to all the webcrawlers and spambots that have been trawling my site. And to my actual human viewers of course *grin*

If I was to post the army reviews in the order I took the pictures, this would have been a review of my 15mm NSL forces. However, as the previous post was 15mm SciFi, I decided to change the order a bit and post my late medieval/early renaissance Swiss army this evening.

All the figures here are from Donnington Ancient & Modern.



Mounted crossbowmen and half the pikes

...and the other half of the pikes

Lorraine knights

Rene, Duc de Lorraine et Bar

Halberdiers

Camp scene

Artillery and 7 Swiss command stands

Artillery and "enfants perdu"

Skirmishing handgunners

Skirmishing crossbowmen

This is one army that is pretty well complete. The only things I might add are some mounted handgunners - a whole whopping 8 figures - and perhaps another 4 stone wall sections. I'm nowhere near maxed out on pikemen or halberdiers with respect to the FoGAM and FoGR army lists, but any more than what I have now would be insane.


9 comments:

  1. Fantastic, so much good work here. I love your bright colors and my, that's a lot of pike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have a lot of wonderfully painted little men Tamsin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on the 600,000 milestone too - that's an awfully big number!

      Delete
  3. I've always loved the Swiss, one of my favourite armies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aha... I was wondering when this would make an appearance! I remember the pike from a challenge some time back, quite possibly because I was still in therapy from a similarly monumental effort.

    And while I'm here, as Sir Michael has already said congrats on the 600K!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sure is a nice looking army Tamsin, 600,000 hits is no slack hand either!!!

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my last 25 mm armies was Renaissance Swiss, I love that army. Well done Tams!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Neil - thanks! :)

    @ Monty - cheers! I guess the knights, commanders and artillery are quite colourful - the rest would be too if you could see the rear views! :)

    @ Michael A - thank you m'Lord! :)

    @ Francis - go on, admit it - it's the thought of big mountain men waving their long shafts around or hitting up people with their big choppers that gets you going isn't it? :p

    @ Millsy - well it had to appear sooner or later; I opted for sooner! That pike block back in first Challenge was an immense project, but well worth it I'd say :)

    @ Ian - thanks! :)

    @ Herkybird - the Renaissance Swiss is even more colourful than these boys - it must have been quite a sight in 25mm :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...