About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Saturday 19 April 2014

Paint Table Saturday #24

Having skipped a few weeks of this, it's about time I re-entered the fray. So, it's




With the FSE ships cleared from my paint table, I've had to decide what to work on next and what to get prepped. I really do need to finish those pirates buccaneers, so I reckon I'll get those back onto the paint table tomorrow. I'm off work until Wednesday so there is a reasonable chance of me finishing them, or at least getting close.

I've also got to paint up a figure for Fran as his prize for being the top-scoring Reject in the Challenge. If you recall my Salute Loot post from last Saturday, I thought that one of the figures in the Blue Moon "Named Gangster" pack would be perfect to represent the big fella. Last night I prepped the figures, washed them and left them to dry overnight. Today I've stuck them onto some washers (as holders for painting them) and primed them in black.



While I was doing the prep I had a silly thought about painting up some of the others as Christmas pressies for family. When they are done, expect to see a silly post outlining the criminal history of the Piper-Malkin Gang. Hmmm, I think that means I'll need to find a suitable car and scenery for the photographs. Oh, hang on a second - that probably means buying stuff. Yippee!

I'll also have a few figures left over to use for my next giveaway. Come to think of it, I was meant to do a giveaway a little while back. Yikes!

8 comments:

  1. I always feel a bit depressed when I am contemplating figures which have just been undercoated but I'm sure you will move them along in your admirably rapid style! Looking forward to these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I always feel a bit depressed when I am contemplating figures which have just been undercoated"
      Really? I feel the opposite. It's like the sun is coming up on a brand new day...

      Delete
  2. Have a good few days of work and get some rest and recuperation. Oh and get your brushes wet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only ever painted ceramics, but the stuff ya'll paint looks fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Legatus and Millsy - I vacillate between those two viewpoints. Sometimes seeing the figures primed inspires me to crack on, other times I worry about how I'll even make a start, let alone finish painting them.

    @ Clint - I do need some R&R, so will make the most of my time off. Never fear, I will get my brushes wet.

    @ Whisk - a lot of the time painting is a grind, so I do enjoy painting up "fun" figures now and then to break the monotony.

    @ Fran - see my new post :)

    @ Loki - one down, 11 to go. I'm not sure when I'll do the rest - hopefully soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for participating! I added your link to my blog post.
    Greetings, Sofie

    ReplyDelete