About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Saturday 12 October 2019

Paint Table Saturday 12 October

How many different paints and washes?

As you can probably tell, I have commenced work on painting up the main part of my British airborne troops. Over the past couple of days I have completed painting the first 16 figures, all riflemen:


Also in the picture are the rest of the figures from this tray (there are two more trays not pictured; one has a similar mix of figures, the other is all the support weapons and the jump off point markers).

Sten guns

Bren guns and loaders

Senior leaders and non-standard weapons

Junior leaders
I'll be doing the varnishing steps after I complete each tray, to save me from having to get the airbrush station set up as often. I should manage to complete these by the end of the week.

This batch and half of the figures of the supports tray are being done with Orange Ochre as the denison smock base colour; the remaining figures will have a Denison base of German Camo Beige.

If everything goes to plan, I should have them all painted by the end of the month, just in time for me to add some more to the painting queue!

Just as a quick end-note, as I'm sure someone will ask, the figures are a mix of Artizan, Crusader and Foundry.

10 comments:

  1. They are beautifully done, the colour palette is spot on IMHO

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the never ending job of attacking the 'to paint' mountain continues! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great Tamsin. Looking forward to seeing the whole force done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little lot should keep you busy. Off to a cracking start.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic work Tamsin, a great looking force

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Russ - thanks! It took a few trials to get the colour scheme where I wanted it :)

    @ Ray - cheers! :)

    @ Herkybird - thanks! It's a never-ending slog :)

    @ Simon Q - cheers! Hopefully they'll be done by the end of the month :)

    @ Michael A - thanks! :)

    @ Dave Stone - cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look great. I also have British Airborne to complete, but they are in the queue behind the Soviets and the very nice Empress Italians.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nicely done, Tamsin. My British Airborne figures are my favorites! The nice thing is that they can be used in three separate campaigns - Normandy, Arnhem and then the breaking of the Rhine barrier. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Doug - cheers! :)

    @ Jerry - thanks! There are three other campaigns they can be used for - Tunisia, Sicily and Italy :)

    ReplyDelete