First of all, just to let you know that my third entry in the Challenge was posted yesterday:
Follow this link to see the post.
Now for the workbench.
As you can probably tell, I have started working on the 8th Army figures for my 1942 Aussies. On the table at the moment are the metal figures from Perry and Artizan. I'm painting these in batches of twelve. I took today fairly easy and just laid down the base colours on the first group:
I've decided to simplify how I paint these ones compared to my previous system by omitting the first wash and reapplication of the base colour. I might also skip the third highlight.
What you can't see are the four figures I painted yesterday for the second bonus theme round. They just need to be airbrushed with matte varnish. I'll do that at the same time as some of the 8th Army figures.