Just a quick update tonight. I finished painting that batch of Koreans last night and gave them a Klear/ink coat just before going to bed. This evening I airbrushed matt varnish on, then brushed on satin varnish to a few details (weapons, sash, tassels), pinged them off the painting sticks, sorted them into groups and glued them onto bases:
I've got four figures left over which will get added to the remaining pack when it arrives and has been painted to do the final two pikemen bases and the second elite "swordsmen" base.
A bit later, when the superglue has fully dried, I'll edge and basecoat the bases with my craft khaki grey mix. Tomorrow I'll add the basing texture but it will take a while to dry enough for drybrushing and flocking, so that will have to get done on Saturday.