About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Monday 23 October 2017

SELWG 2017: The games

Yesterday I posted my loot pics, today it's the games. There were only a couple that had the "oomph!" factor, but that's quite common for smaller shows like SELWG.

Tunbridge Wells Wargames Society:




Shepway Wargamers:





Real Time Wargames and Streatham & Tooting Wargamers:



Pike & Shot Society:



Newbury & Reading Wargames Society:




Society of Ancients:



GLC Gamers:




Gravesend Games Guild:




South London Warlords:



"Rosebyrne" (not sure who):




Friday Night Fight Club:




Spectre Miniatures? (according to the programme):





Peter Pig:




Gravesend Wargames Club:










 Deal Wargames Society:





Maidstone Wargames Society:




Simon Miller "To The Strongest":





Redoubt Enterprises:





League of Gentlemen Anti-Alchemists:





Essex Warriors:






Crawley Wargames Club:






SEEMS:




Loughton Strike Force:





Modiphius Games:

Fallout

I think there was another demo game on one of the trader stands but I didn't get a pic of it.

Phew! that was a bit of a pic-dump! Once again, like with all shows, a number of games had nothing to indicate who they were being run by or what battle was being fought. And not speaking to people showing an interest in the game.

12 comments:

  1. Nice photos. Cheers and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics...at least you worked out who they were all organised by which is more than I managed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. veeeeeery nice; and excellent photography..... almost made me feel I was there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whilst some might have lacked oomph factor they was certainly a lot od effort on show. Thank you for sharing Tamsin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are a lot of really good looking games there and what a wonderfully diverse lot they are too.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like there were some nice games there, Tams, - which was your favourite?
    Taking the Pissoir and Redoubt enterprises looked nice to me.
    Thanks for showing the games, that was quite a lot for us in t' North!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this nice pictures !

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Ray - cheers! :)

    @ ... Oh, it's you again - stop double-posting you naughty budgie-smuggler! ;)

    @ Brendon - thanks! :)

    @ Alastair - cheers! There might be a couple I've misidentified; some of them I originally had wrong but spotted my errors from reading other blogs :)

    @ Steve - thanks! It helped that the lighting was quite good this year :)

    @ Michael A - cheers! There had definitely been a lot of effort for some of the tables, even if the "oomph!" factor was missing :)

    @ Zabadak - cheers Joe! :)

    @ Herkybird - thanks! My favourite was "Taking the Pissoire" with Shepway and the Anti-Alchemists coming in close :)

    @ Stefan - cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pictures Tamsin. I thought the standard of the games was very high this year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cripes there is a lot of good stuff going on there Tamsin
    Thanks for the pics

    ReplyDelete