About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 8 October 2017

Sunday Workbench 08 October

Since finishing the Ming light foot bowmen, I've managed to paint up another Ming unit. I've taken the pics and scheduled a post to go up tomorrow night.

Today I've started work on the next batch of figures - some Korean infantry. Just a small batch of 53...



As you can see, I've made pretty good progress already - the pic was taken at 2.30pm and I should manage to get a few more steps done later on today. The next step is quite a big one - going over all the areas that will be white or red with Sky Grey (mainly to touch up the bits that got black or dark grey slopped onto them).

This batch will give me my first four "pikemen" bases and my first base of elite heavy foot 2HW troops, with a few left over for the last two pike and second elite HF 2HW troops when the pack which is on back-order arrives.

During the week I decided to prep the flags that I'd received from LBMS. I messed up a couple, but still have plenty to go around.

Flags still to be added to units and commanders
I've added flags to the units with that will have them and to the commander's flag bearer:


Hmmm, there's a sneak preview of the unit that will be posted tomorrow there.

That's it for this week. Once the Koreans are done I'll probably paint up the "red hat" horse archers and after them perhaps the heavy cavalry archers.


Update

A bit more progress on the Koreans - Sky Grey, red bits and black metal done.



Tomorrow I should get the white and leather done, maybe the bases as well if things go well.

8 comments:

  1. Keep up the great work. These figures really look terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressively done, Tamsin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the tip about using sky grey as a base for whites and reds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What can I say? Good Korea move!
    I think command stands and banners really make a unit...well, that and good basing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not painted anything since May... Time to get back on the cart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are super, Tamsin. I love those standards - they'll look terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Jerry - thanks! :)

    @ Dean - cheers! :)

    @ Norm - for reds and yellows I usually use a yellow ochre basecoat; I'm using sky grey for these as I'm already using it for the white :)

    @ Neil - thanks! :)

    @ Herkybird - cheers! :)

    @ The Responsible One - it is indeed; get those brushes out and slap some paint onto your figures this instant! ;)

    @ Sidney - cheers! The standards are bought, but they do look lovely :)

    ReplyDelete