About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Monday 16 October 2017

Finished: 15mm Ming Chinese "Red Hat" Horse Archers


And another unit is completed for my Ming Chinese army. The three bases I painted this weekend complete the first full cavalry unit for FoGR.





And a quick pic with the base I painted previously (on the right):


Of the three medium cavalry units I've started, I like this colour scheme best.



10 comments:

  1. Cracking looking unit. The horses came out very well I like tones you"be gone for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree the shading on the horses really makes the unit "pop" Outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another terrific job, Tamsin. These will look brilliant on the tabletop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Dannoc - cheers! As they are duns, I went for lighter browns than I normally do which I think shows up the shading better :)

    @ Dartfrog - thanks~! :)

    @ Jerry - cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice job on the horses, and these hats are simply superb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the finished models. Do you play wargames with them.. what is FoGR?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Phil - merci! :)

    @ Dean - thanks! :)

    @ Geordie - cheers! :)

    @ Steve - thanks! Yes, they are (or will be) used for wargames. FoGR is "Field of Glory: Renaissance", ADLG is "Art de la Guerre" :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. aaah yes I see, I`d really like to see a battle or two played out using these highly cool minis. I dont know that rules set so it would be doubly interesting to read and view :-))

    ReplyDelete