Ray and Fran have been submitting big loads, which means I'm lagging behind them a bit. I doubt I'll catch Ray, but I might be able to overhaul Fran on the table!
I didn't finish the 30YW horse or get any painting done yesterday - not long after I got to work I started feeling cold to the bone, achey and could feel a cough building. Not a cold for once, but my first "cough" for several years. I've managed to do the tufting & flocking on the 30YW horse today and a little bit of painting on some Swiss- just the undercoat and dry-brush of the metalwork and the flesh. Hopefully I'll be in a better state physically tomorrow and will be able to crack on with them.
28mm Normans from Conquest Games
These were great to paint up. I tried a couple of things different to the Vikings and Saxons:
1) Basing was a mix of ballast and modeling paste. This proved much easier to deal with than PVA/ballast.
2) I primed them black then gave a heavy dry-brush of Iraqi Sand and a light dry-brush of Pale Sand to provide some pre-highlighting.
The pre-highlighting seems to have worked quite well, much better than pre-shading (dark wash over white primer) that I've tried before.