Don't forget my First-Blogging-Birthday Prize Draw!!
Well, the Vikings are finished and photos have been sent to Curt - hopefully they'll go up on his blog shortly, then I'll post them here tomorrow.
I'm now assembling 22 Gripping Beast Saxons - warlord, standard bearer and 20 thegns. I think I'll try something a bit different with these ones - white primer, somewhat more uniform appearance (I'd probably have finished the Vikings quicker if I hadn't been using quite so many colours). I might also try using shield transfers with these guys.
Anyway, to keep you supplied with pics, I decided yesterday evening to do something a bit different. It's been a long while since I painted any of my 15mm SciFi leadpile. Well, the other day I had a slightly mad idea for a paint scheme for my NAC figures from GZG - Colonial British but updated to the future. I think this lunacy was inspired by watching Zulu again the other day.
So I grabbed a pack of 8 figures and prepped them, then after washing primed them with Vallejo white polyurethane primer. Once that had dried i cracked on with painting them. I wasn't sure what colour to do the armour though, so I did one strip in Neutral Grey and one in Sky Grey.
The other colours:
Jacket - Scarlet
Trousers and Cuffs - Dark Prussian Blue
Weapons and Equipment - Black Grey
Gun muzzles - Black
Boots - Black
Visors - Dark Prussian Blue with some metallic medium added
The bases were painted with a roughly equal mix of Black Grey and Iraqi Sand.
Anyhoos, here's some pics. I think the Sky Grey looks more "colonial", but prefer the look of the Neutral Grey.
Sky Grey armour:
Neutral Grey armour:
Looking at the figures now, I think the boots should probably be either Black Grey or the same colour as the armour.