About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 28 October 2012

Sunday Painting Etc

I managed to get a decent amount done today:

Camp/Ambush Pieces - sprayed with matt varnish; tufted; flocked. Finished!

Ambush markers

Supplies in the camp

Priests and monks praying for victory





Dark Ages Buildings - "thatch" coated with 50% PVA. It works quite well at making the fur simulate thatch. the buildings are almost finished - I just need to add the detailing (doors, windows etc).

Anglo-Dane Dwelling (28S-DAR-103)

Late Saxon/High Medieval Hovel (28S-DAR-102). The paler patch is where the glue hasn't completely dried yet.

These 2 buildings should do nicely for games of Saga. Assembly is quite easy

Croats - riders glued to horses; primed with gesso.



Next onto the bench will be the 24 cuirassiers, as they'll be a pretty quick bunch to finish. After that I'll do the artillery, then the foot and then the Croats. Once they are done, I think it's time to take a break from historicals and paint up some of the huge 15mm SF pile of got waiting.







12 comments:

  1. Nice work Tamsin. I like the thatch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking mini dioramas. Those sort of pieces realy add to a game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Tamsin. Really like the way the thatch has work out, very effective. The camp and ambush stands etc are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great terrain pieces Tamsin, I particularly like the ambush markers. As for the hovels - lovely thatch! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work. The roof on the cottage looks great

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very good, love the altar scene!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work all over, I specially liked the monks

    ReplyDelete
  8. A nice bunch there, love the ambush markers, may well have to copy that.

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work on the supply markers and the priests. I love those buildings what scale are they?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks all!

    @ Ian - well, I copied it from various other people ;)

    @ PK - the buildings are 28mm

    ReplyDelete