About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Friday 5 October 2012

Not going to Derby/Donnington *sob*

Life has decided to kick me in the teeth. I was feeling fine this morning when I left for work and was really looking forward to the tournament this weekend. However, about 15 minutes after leaving home my guts started to rebel. As I was closer to home than work, I turned about and headed back. Just as well as I've been ill all day. I had decided to give it a few hours to see if it would clear up, but it hasn't. Therefore no tournament for me. Grrr! That means I'm about £100 out of pocket (tournament fee, hotel) and won't get to meet up with various bloggers - sorry guys. And sorry to my team mates for letting them down.

On the bright side, I might actually get some painting done.


24 comments:

  1. Half a bottle of scotch and some raw eggs..works a treat, I should know..that´s my daily breakfast :-D
    get well soon
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. How horrid, I know you were looking forward to this. Just take care of yourself and get well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. argh, merde as we say in French. Sorry to hear that Tamsin. Let's hope you'll get better soon.

    Seb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take care and get well soon. I didn't even get the chance this year to think about going. Wife planned a girlie weekend in York. I'm sure it will cost me a lot more than my spend at a show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes! Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, that really sucks - sorry to hear it!

    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the well-wishes folks. I am really gutted about not being able to go - I was looking forward to the tournament, doing some pre-SELWG shopping and meeting up with a few of the bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you feel better Tam. I too am not able to make it but Ian and Mark will be there. I'm following your lead and painting samurai this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bummer, but your health comes first. Hope you feel better soon and make progress on your painting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you get better soon, take it easy!

    I don't suppose you have any travel insurance you could claim on?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry for you. I wish you a speedy recovery.
    Regards
    Bruno

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sucks, get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh crap! That's a real bummer, Sorry you're feeling ill, get well soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Damn...:-( You' ll get well soon with a glass of red wine and some chocolate...;-)

    Marzio.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you return to the land of the healthy soon.

    If shared misery assists, I'm not going to the tourney either!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a shame! Wish you a quick recovery

    ReplyDelete
  17. "prompt rétablissement"
    as we say in french

    ReplyDelete
  18. As it says in a well known Predator film, "The one ting we are sure of in live is Sh*t 'appens". I am sorry that you have missed the show and the tournament and get well some.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry you are not at the show, hope you start to feel better soon (I notice from the next post you were still crap Saturday)

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  20. Check the hotels cancellation policy. Some hotels do not charge you for the full stay if you cancel. Sometimes it will be a one night charge. But they will not always tell you this leaving it up to you to get in touch to claim back the rest of the cost.

    Andy

    ReplyDelete