The horses: painted the tack on a few more strips of horses earlier this evening, before uploading the "Rum, Sodomy and the Lash" photos to my computer and then to Flickr. Here's a quick pic showing a few strips.
Tonight's strips take it to half of them done for this stage. I'm aiming to push myself to do all the remaining strips tomorrow evening.
I decided to make a start on these, getting the base colour for the fur done. I've used 6 different brown shades for this.
To maximise the variety of colourings, my intention is to use 4 different highlight colours (to be drybrushed on) and 4 different washes. At that point I'll have to sit down and decide about the detailing colours - weapons, shoulder guards, straps and bags/pouches. Given the limited variety of poses, I'll probably order some "Yeti Infantry" from Black Hat to create decently mixed squads.