About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Thursday 15 March 2012

WIP: Tamsin's Equine Development Facility #7; WIP: Chumbondas

The horses: painted the tack on a few more strips of horses earlier this evening, before uploading the "Rum, Sodomy and the Lash" photos to my computer and then to Flickr. Here's a quick pic showing a few strips.


Tonight's strips take it to half of them done for this stage. I'm aiming to push myself to do all the remaining strips tomorrow evening.

The Chumbondas

I decided to make a start on these, getting the base colour for the fur done. I've used 6 different brown shades for this.


To maximise the variety of colourings, my intention is to use 4 different highlight colours (to be drybrushed on) and 4 different washes. At that point I'll have to sit down and decide about the detailing colours - weapons, shoulder guards, straps and bags/pouches. Given the limited variety of poses, I'll probably order some "Yeti Infantry" from Black Hat to create decently mixed squads.

5 comments:

  1. They're great looking figures Tamsin. Look forward to seeing the finished article.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the 'osses or the Chumbondas? Or both? :)

      Delete
  2. here wookie wookie...

    Argh, no, not my arms

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on you for pushing along on the horses. Not easy sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeti Infantry or Wookie Infantry as sebastosfig said, nice work Tamsin....

    ReplyDelete